Smilin' Reilly

Smilin' Reilly

Friday, August 5, 2011

Best Moment to Date

Bedtime has always been our special thing. Nursing has allowed me the privilege of taking over bedtime routines. Reilly is a good sleeper and makes it easy. We have created a simple routine. PJ's (or none), hugs and kisses with Daddy, nurse, book, and a song or two. His favorite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle" because he has a turtle that shines stars on the ceiling. We rock and point at the stars while we sing. I say we sing because he recently starting humming along with me. It is different from his daily babble. He tries to keep a constant tone while I sing.

Tonight has been the best mommy moment, by far! While we rocked and sang he snuggled up close with his blanket. He hummed along with me so I kept singing. He just stared and stared into my eyes. You could see the contentment and happiness roll through his face as drowsiness took over. When I finally decided to lay him down (which was a hard choice to make, we rocked for a long time) he sighed one last sigh as he fell asleep in the crib. It was the best feeling I could ever feel!

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment